- Read the Connected Learning Communities Page
- Watch the video on Cultivating Communities of Practice and list some of the design characteristics/considerations for a successful online learning community
- Go online to find one or two Online Learning Communities for a topic/practice you are interested in (for any audience, professional, informal, for young learners, etc.).
- In this discussion, post the link to the Community you selected and tell us why (or why not) you believe that this community effectively supports self-directed learning.
- Here are a few examples to get you started: Mumsnet, Barrista Exchange, TES Connect