This fictitious creation, is an app that would augment a child’s world using printed vocabulary layer over the objects around them. The idea came primarily from the second language classroom, which always labels furniture, posters, items, with the second language text. Taking that for learners who have verbal knowledge of these words and then having a way to digitally demonstrate these words, with an audio reading as well to confirm the word shown is the word desired.
Reflecting on the experience. I still struggle with thinking with the ‘inventor’ hat on. As an educator I naturally want to promote a product for its learning features, rather than the revenue benefit. I find it extremely challenging to fit in all the key points to a short pitch video. Even with the help of visuals, its pretty quick. I am also not a great fan of myself as an actor. I learned from this project, my son is not either. Thankfully he, under duress agreed to assist me. I am used to the work of a teacher speaking for itself and this felt a bit like a resume building exercise. It was wonderful to see the process from several different views over the course and attempt to provide a product from each perspective. The more we began to learn about one, the more relevant it become to the others. I attempted to imbed infographics and work on the ‘professional’ feel of the document in addition to content. Telling a compelling story in less rather than more words. Keep engagement higher. Value the investors time. Get to the point quickly.
Anyway, here is the youtube link for my elevator pitch: http://www.vididworks.com/
And here is the document: