Set up an account with TinkerCAD and try building your very own design for 3D printing. Submit an image of your design and how it works in the post on the course. Provide a brief statement on your experience and what you think of this application for use in a class. Add your design to your post (see directions below). Use the discussion forum to provide your statement and design.
Further instruction for the Design Challenge
- Sign-up for a Tinkercad account at https://www.tinkercad.com/
- Complete 4-6 basic lessons (if you get lost click LEARN and go to the Basics section).
- Create a new design based on a real world challenge: Create a functional and attractive device that will hold a smartphone at various angles (be as creative as possible!).
- Save your design (click Design then Save)
- Make your design public (click Design > Properties > Name you design > Change Visibility to Public).
- Copy your design link (e.g. https://www.tinkercad.com/things/gIwZQP8DCZq-testresago/edit?) in the top address bar of your browser and paste it into a reply to this post (use the discussion forum below and insert your design along with a statement about your experience). It would be helpful to include an explanation of how it works.
- Look at your fellow EVAs’ designs (click the View 3D button). Click the “thumbs up” button in WordPress for the designs that you like.
- Top 5 liked designs wins a 3D Design Badge!