EDUCook is thoughtful, and well-designed software for school students to create their own school canteen.
At EDUCook, we offer consultancy services to schools and students to take control of their daily meals at school. At EDUCook we teach entrepreneurship and money management to students, using learning-by-doing as an educational approach.
My Elevator Pitch published here ( EDUCook Elevator Pitch ).
To go to my Venture Pitch please click here (https://gassano.wixsite.com/educook522)
Please read my reflection after you have visited EDUCook website.
Investing in EDUCook is a golden opportunity for investors.
Ghassan Barhoumeh – CEO, and the founder of EDUCook
We at EDUCook believe deeply that we have developed an innovative and hands-on project. We feel that we have created a product that fits ideally with the 21st century approach of teaching and learning. We embrace fully the idea that we need to teach our students that we all learn by doing, by getting involved in all aspects of a project. EDUCook is a project-based learning approach that incorporates the key domains of math, language, social studies in an integrated approach, but also focuses on so much more. It gives students and teachers the opportunity to truly embed 21st century skills into learning. It is a project that promotes human and life skills that we all need to succeed socially such as collaboration, cooperation, communication, empathy, sharing.
EDUCook software is the first full software program that uses technology as a base for teaching each school how to create its own canteen run by its own students. Choice of technology is incorporated in this software by offering the use of the software on the computer, iPad, or tablet. It contains digital media, digital formulas, examples, and samples from which students can learn. The software offers on-time communication tools in the event that they are needed.
However, as any software in the world, we acknowledge our strengths but also weaknesses that we are working all the time to improve and modify. So, we reflect on our weakness that might present some challenges to first time users. They are as follows:
- The engagement with this software will be challenging at the beginning to students, especially in primary schools.
- The challenge of EDUCook to convince the administration and the parents that the students at this age will be responsible for feeding the entire school. This challenge is mitigated through EDUCook’s daily support both online and in person.
- At EDUCook we acknowledge that some of the students will not participate in buying the shares since this project is not run by a professional company. Therefore, parents will oppose this kind of project. In addition to that, some parents are not business oriented families or are very safety conscious, so they might refuse to participate and join this venture that is run by students.
- The creation of the board of directors engages only a small number of students to learn about money and money management at this point. But we are, at EDUCook, working to create and facilitate the engagement of a wide variety of students such as a project by level or grade instead of a small committee as the board of directors. Moreover, an individual school can choose to elect the board of directors to run this operation on term or semester base instead of the whole year. So, we will engage more student each term.
- Finally, the financial control of this project that should have been controlled by a professional raises a lot of questions regarding money such as cashier issues, money collection, setting up a bank account, keeping money in a float and cash register, payment to the suppliers, monitoring of the shares and profits. So, the financial issues should be discussed with more details with this committee and the school administration before the installation of the software.