Welcome to The Learning ColLab: a supported and technology-enabled co-working space for post-secondary educators designed to ignite creativity and support curriculum and course design initiatives. ColLab is not only a physical space, but incorporates facilitated exercises in creativity based on the principles of design thinking and learner centered design.
Venture Pitch: http://thelearningcollab.weebly.com/
Please feel free to leave feedback. I will be posting my reflection in one week. Thank you!
Reflection (added Aug 12/17):
Based on my feedback from classmates (thank you) as well as reviewing the Venture pitches of others, I have compiled the feedback and created “Top 5” lists as my reflection. Thank you to my classmates who provided me with great feedback!
Top 5 Biggest Strengths
- The visual design of both the elevator pitch and venture pitch website were appealing, clear, and well-executed.
- Cross disciplinary collaboration is an area that is great to explore and that people have had previous positive experience with.
- The product itself is unique and the product and the team behind it is solid. It is built to leverage the strengths of those who are involved.
- The ColLab certificate is a great way to generate revenue.
- There is a demand for these types of spaces and creativity techniques.
Top 5 Areas for Improvement
- More investor information is needed to ensure they would feel confident- how much revenue can they expect? What would be the main source of revenue?
- Elevator pitch is too long
- Additional research needs to be done and data collected on collaboration and efficiency
- The target audience (Lethbridge College only) is small
- The site was text heavy in parts.
Top 5 Things I’d Do Differently
- Rename the ColLab Facilitator Certificate to something more creative
- Provide additional investor information- exact amounts of what they could expect financially
- Expand the customer base beyond Lethbridge through a consultancy group and online offerings
- Offer this service beyond the Education sector- businesses and corporate could also benefit
- Create a ColLab app or some tech tools to support the professional development of participants.