I did this assignment from the perspective of taking over Irregular Corporation as CEO and founder. I wanted to pitch a possible upgrade and new direction for a the game that exists on STEAM.
References : References Venture Pitch PC builder
This endeavour was not as easy or as smooth as I would have liked. I found trying to create a succinct video that followed the steps pain point,solution etc… extremely difficult to do without video footage of the improved product like the store front or VR footage. I also struggled with combining the mountains of market research into small enough chunks to show the possibilities, but not so much information that it seemed like a company marketing analysis. I can’t imagine being an entrepreneur and doing this daily. I suppose my lack of business experience shows in this regard. I have much more respect for venture capital investors and entrepreneurs. I initially started creating the investment website that went with this but found that I couldn’t make it flow as well as the video and it seemed redundant to the venture pitch.
Areas of Strength:
I do think this presentation offers the following strengths.
- It capitalises on an existing and successful venture taking it in a upcoming direction and outlining where it could head in the future. I would be so keen to see if this platform really does become the all in one PC building platform it could be. I think a large company like CISCO would be more than thrilled to combine this technology into their already successful business.
- This presentation also offers some real life visuals showing what the proposed venture could potential be capable of.
- It offers a broad market base through ample research, while acknowledging its weakness to pre-built desktops.
Areas of weakness:
- I am not an entrepreneur and have no knowledge of investment or how much money it would actually take to roll out an upgrade like this. If I was doing this for profit and true investment I would have to higher someone to do the financials for me.
- Little information was available about the team at Irregular Corporation and thus I had a hard time sussing out what the strengths of the existing team are.